- Wed, 29 NovSpeech, Language and Communication Needs
- Wed, 13 DecAutism Phase 1
- Thu, 18 JanUnderstanding Alcohol Foetal Spectrum Disorder
- Wed, 24 JanImproving SEND Practice24 Jan 2024, 09:00 – 15:30 GMTLive Online TrainingExplore how to implement inclusive and effective teaching strategies in your classroom, to nurture and advocate for children with SEND needs. CPD Certified. £125.00 + VAT per person . Any bookings for 5+ delegates please get in touch for a bespoke price.
- Wed, 31 JanPathological Demand Avoidance
- Mon, 05 FebRaising Awareness for Mental Health
- Wed, 21 FebSensory Processing
- Fri, 08 MarDyspraxia
- Wed, 13 MarTrauma-Informed Practice13 Mar 2024, 09:00 – 15:30Live Online TrainingGain a deeper understanding of what Trauma-Informed Practice is, how to identify children in your setting and implementing a trauma informed approach in your setting. CPD Certified. £145.00 + VAT per person . Any bookings for 5+ delegates please get in touch for a bespoke price.
- Fri, 15 MarPathological Demand Avoidance
- Wed, 17 AprAutism Phase 217 Apr 2024, 09:00 – 15:30Live Online TrainingFocused on improving autism practice within the classroom, by providing the resources, strategies and interventions needed to implement and achieve effective outcomes. CPD Certified. £125.00 + VAT per person . Any bookings for 5+ delegates please get in touch for a bespoke price.
- Wed, 06 DecTeaching Positive Behaviour Phase 2
- Wed, 27 SeptIntroduction to Sensory Processing
- Fri, 22 SeptDown's Syndrome
- Wed, 20 SeptUnderstanding Alcohol Foetal Spectrum Disorder
- Fri, 15 SeptSensory Processing
- Wed, 13 SeptAttachment
- Wed, 13 SeptSpeech, Language and Communication Needs
Meet the Trainers
I have extensive experience working 'at the coalface' within various roles in Education. Over the last 24 years I have held positions as a Teacher, Key Stage Leader, Senior Leader and Local Authority Moderator and each one has taught me varying skills that have allowed me to grow and develop as a practitioner...
Initially, I started out in Youth Work within children's residential settings, where I built up my experience and skills in supporting young people who were facing a range of difficulties, predominantly SEMH. It was an incredible opportunity to really get under the skin of each child's situation, and to help them make sense of their world. This experience gave me my key value drivers I still hold to this day...
Before working in partnership with Milestone Education, I worked as a Headteacher for 15 years, and was Director of Education in both the public and private sectors. I act as an executive coach for head teachers and work with schools, Local Authorities and Multi-Academy Trusts on development, improvement and strategic leadership...
Having spent the latter part of my career working with the LEA in an advisory capacity, I have a keen interest in supporting individuals with the varying needs that present themselves when teaching children with SEND. Whilst I never profess to be an expert in every field, I work with practitioners at all stages of their career to support with identifying, learning and growing within the SEND field...
Many of the strategies that were shared will be useful in our setting: slow and low, how we sit next to/work alongside pupils, now and next, timers, awareness of processing times to name a few. Opportunity to reflect and share with staff. Sara's input was clear and practical so teachers can feel they have strategies to take away and try.
Longney C of E Primary Academy
Very educational. I have learnt a lot even from a short introduction course. The way it was delivered and the knowledge that was shown was great from Kate. I kept thinking of different children that I work with and how they show hypersensitivity as well as hyposensitivity.
Saint George's C of E School
We had training with five members of staff and it was excellent. I enjoyed the course content and opportunities to relate to school experience.
Chilwell Croft Academy
I liked the different ideas and strategies that can be used to support the children in my setting. A lot of aspects will help me in the classroom setting.
Four Dwellings Primary Academy
I enjoyed it all and being able to understand and support the children more.
Barton Park Primary School
I can highly recommend the Autism Phase 2 training, it was brilliant. It was perfectly pitched to where we are at as a school, with both assurances for the things we are already doing, as well as in depth work around key aspects of autism and how we needed to progress.
Sara was an excellent trainer. She was very aware of our needs and responded accordingly. She pitched the talk and discussion/activities just right. As a SENDCO herself, she was able to talk from relevant and first hand experience and answered our questions with up to date knowledge. That made a real difference.
Granby Junior School
Whistle-stop informative session. Lots of relevant information given with examples.
Hall Road Academy
Alec is a charismatic trainer, that brings real experiences to the delivery of his training. Having led a number of settings, he has a unique perspective to offer advice and support to a wide range of needs.
Our staff often look forward to Alec's training and we would recommend any organisation to look into the support he may be able to offer.
Equity Foundation Ltd
I will reflect on the paperwork and planning / audit documents as part of a new school set up I am involved in. Only two of us in the group so it was a really personal day.
Philip Southcote School